Sunday, September 23, 2007

excitement on the personal front

Non-knitting but exciting news to share!

So this has been one of the most intersting weeks of my life. Mostly it has been postive!
First the good news. I have interviewd, been offered, and accepted the postiong of General Manager for Eat The Runt here in Chicago. All this happened in about 48 hours mind you. But I get to be the big boss, I run all the books, discpline (eww), get butts in the seats, keep the producers in line, and basicaly keep my show open. Plus this if full time, a pretty decent salary and I get to work from my home quite a bit!! WOO HOO!! I also really belive in this show, it has so much potential!! It ran for 150 performances off-broadway before 9/11 shut it down. What's It about you ask? It is the first audience cast show, all 8 actors know all 8 parts, they audtion for the audience, and then the audience votes like in Millionare! It's really fun, and funny!! There are over 40,320 combinations!! So you see the potential here? Very excited!! I am the big boss now!!
The dark part of the week is the passing of a very dear friend of mine. He was insturmental in getting me started here in Chicago, and is a large part of where I am today. Last weekend he suffered a sever stroke and went into a Coma, and on Thursday he passed. It is very sad and a huge loss to the theatrical community here.
So that's the last week in the life of Mary. I'm now trying to pull my life together to start the new job tomorrow. EEEE so excited!!

No comments: