Monday, September 1, 2008

where does the time go?

Okay would someone please tell me how it is Sept 1? Really it was just Aug 4 and I was starting a new job, I swear!!

I guess that is what happens when I let myself get wrapped up knitting and watching the DNC. I am such a political junkie! Thinking of going back to grad school for it actually. Don't worry, I don't plan on running for office or anything!!! You can all breathe!

Anyway on to some projects!

I finished my rainbow brite socks, and Scott's white socks. I haven't gotten pictures of Scott's yet, but here's what mine look like!!














They are a little to big because the yarn is so slippery with no structure to it. I think I will sew some elastic in and see if the helps. For now they are just slouchy!

I am getting there with my sweater. It has reached the point where I am bored with it and want to start a new project. *sigh* new patterns just keep calling to me, as does the yarn I bought for them.

And as if I don't have enough distractions!! Next week an Ashford traditional wheel will be making it's way into my home. It's my friends mother-in-laws wheel, but since she has passed on I am getting it for a good price. Plus they don't have to try and get int a garage sale!

My garden is also going well, and I am doing a lot of cooking out of it. Lots of zuccini and tomatoes, and peppers, mmmm.

No comments: