Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I'm Back!!!

Well I'm back, after a rather eventful flight and several broken planes (none of which was my fault). Suffice to say I was supposed to be home at 4:30, and at 3:30 was boarding a plane in Maine. :)

Anyway the trip was wonderful, Scott and I had a great time together and I got to see All Shook Up, and go to the opening night party. I got a lot of "hey your a red head, you must be Mary (hmm, what gave it away??)" I also got sets of instructions to do what I could to make him smile. Also apparently everyone thought I was pretty, so okay I guess. I also found out that I am down to a size 4 when I had to by new capris after ripping the one pair I brought with me (insert joke here). When the 6's were to big my response was "I've become one of those girls I hate, somebody feed me a cookie" We made do with ice cream. :)

I also god some knitting done, though not as much as I hopped, and most of it was done in the airport today. Why did none of you say I was taking on way to much?!?!? Also I found 2 of 3 yarn stores, the other was closed when I got there. And yes my visa took a slight hit.

So here we go!!

The Maine Statsh-
In the back 5.3oz of local top-wool roving, mmmm. Purples and greens all local sheep, combed, carded, and dyed. The green in front of that is tofutsies sock yarn, part soy-silk part super wash wool,supper yummy!! The purple next to that is Maizy sock yarn, by crystal palace, is %82 corn fiber how cool is that!! Next that, in case you haven't guessed, is NORO SOCK YARN (sense a theme). I couldn't resisit it, the colors were gorgeous, and the price cheaper then anywhere in Chicago I have found! Finally down in front is 2 skeins of Mirasol %100 baby llama in turquise. I have no idea what it will become, but it so soft and so gorgeous, and %50 goes to building schools in the Peru village the yarn comes from!















Lady Moss Mittens!! I started this right before I left. I bought the MC last summer for 3bucks a skein, and wasn't terribly fond of it. But with the roving in it I think it looks really pretty, and they are going to be so warm!! Kristen's pattern is super easy to follow, even on a turbulent plane!














And what I am calling my rainbow brite socks, first one done. My foot is resting on my suitcase in the airport, and you can see my big bag containing yarn, ipod, magazine, and purse on top of it. I think these are gonna be comfy socks once they are done

2 comments:

historicstitcher said...

Missing ya, honey!

Call me sometime!!! (Or hop on a train and come visit...)

Anonymous said...

Hey you survived. I'm so glad to hear about your job. When will you be on the train next? We miss you.