Wednesday, August 12, 2009

the lies we tell ourselves

I find it amazing the lies us knitters tell ourselves. My big one "blocking will fix it" . I'm still working on the Beltane shawl from Goddess knits, and somewhere I dropped a yarn over. I conviced my self I could fix it with blocking. Finally 15 rows later I realized I had a yarny mess that looked nothing like the diamond pattern I wanted. So I had to rip it all back!! Sadness especially since I am really slow at lace to begin with.

I am about to jump on the bandwagon and make the noro scarf.

2 comments:

carolynswafford said...

Ooh, sorry about the lace, that stinks. I'm about to jump on the bandwagon, too, and knit the Noro scarf. Though in my case it will be the "Not Noro" scarf because I bought the widsom yarn at Sandi's shop...hope you're doing well! We miss you!

highflyinsm said...

Thanks Carolyn I miss you guys to! Mine will actually be the noro scarf because I bought noro at the LYS here (across the street from my apt, very dangerous place)