Sunday, February 15, 2009

i need my stress relief!

It's not fair that when I am the most stressed out I have no time to indulge in my stress buster knitting! Life has been crazy, and work has been, if possible, worse then usual.

-my boss has known for six weeks that I will not be able to stay past four. since most days close at 3 this shouldn't be an issue.
-Friday she schedules me to train in AB checkout, this is of course the one day I CAN NOT be late to opera rehearsal. At 4:30 I tell her I have to leave, she says I can't blah blah blah. Suffice to say I get mad, go the locker room and punch my locker a few times, go back to work and don't leave until 5:30.
-did I mention I worked 9.5 hours that day and didn't get a lunch break, wasn't even offered one?
-Did not lose opera position thankfully, am calling my RD tomorrow, see what she says. will probably get fired Tuesday.
-long day of rehearsal today, very tired do to lots of 3 hour nights of sleep. At the end of rehearsal the truck delivering prop furniture hits an overpass. peels it open like a tin can. We now have unload it ourselves instead of the paid crew tomorrow morning. I'm supposed to be meeting a friend for dinner.
-I haven't been to knit night in 2 weeks, next week doesn't look good either.
-I have knit maybe 6 rows on a sock and nothing else. I need socks badly, I don't have time to wash any.

Thankfully I was able to meet my friend just a bit late for dinner tonight, so yay! I also have a great boyfriend who lets me sleep for 3 hours afterwork on valentine's day (and gets me roses!). I also have two cats who love mebut want more lap time (they have trained my boy to sit on the couch with a blanket on his lap for them, though I think they still miss the yarn)

And truthfully I would be greatful if my job fired me, then I can collect unemployment.

Okay I am off to sent a report and then probably either bed or t.v. knit time. it's 12:37

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Mary! I'm so sorry it's been so hectic and sucky at your job! I'm thinking about you ---- let me know if there is anything I can do! Hugs...