Friday, August 17, 2007

First Post

Basically this is a place for me to post pictures and progress about my kinitting. My non-crafty friends are growing rather tired of my knitting ramblings on my regular blog. Soooo....with out futher ado..






I've finished two projects this summer. First was a small car-seat sized blanket for baby bella. It turned about pretty well for my first blanket!!














it knitted up pretty well. I did on size 10 needles, with red heart baby yarn. Pastel colors with a silver thread, looks pretty and knits easily as well. It's mostly accrylic, which is not the greatest. Still made it a nice light weight summer blanket.






I also made a pair of fingerless gloves for my friend Jenni for her birthday this summer.




I made then on my size 7 double pointed kneedles. I made them with Lion Brand 100% wool, and they knitted up wonderfully!! It was fast and easy to do, even with all the purling! I'm really happy with how they came out and thinking of makeing myself a pair later.
In the works I still have the pair of socks I started in March. It's my first pair, they are on size 0 and I am attemting to turn the heel right now. I also have a scarf for my hunny in the works. Black and forest green should be very pretty. I've been haveing fun with the new yarns I'm finding on the east coast. I even have some I picked up I have no idea what it will be yet. What fun!!
Allright off to the races!

No comments: